Lleida is located on a major crossroads that must be crossed to travel on any of the routes that connect Spain with the rest of Europe and the Mediterranean. The importance of this crossroads has recently been reinforced by the arrival of a high speed rail link between Madrid and Barcelona. Therefore, the city of Lleida can be easily reached by road, highway, plane and railway.
Depending on the airport chosen as a gateway to Catalonia, the easiest way to get to Lleida is:
- From Lleida-Alguaire airport by public transport.
- From Barcelona-El Prat airport by train from the airport to Sants railway station in Barcelona. From there you can take another train to Lleida. There is also a direct coach service to Lleida from the airport (two coaches a day) and another coach service from Barcelona coach station (Estació del Nord).
- From Reus airport, there is a train to Lleida from Reus railway station.
- From Girona-Costa Brava airport, by coach (the EixBus line) from Girona coach station, or by train via Barcelona.
- From Madrid-Barajas airport, by train from Atocha railway station.
All possible forms of transport and timetables from any place of origin to Lleida can be found at: www.mobilitat.net