Descarregar Pdf


  1. Access for students who are starting their university studies
  2. Access for students with university studies begun abroad
  3. Access to third cycle programmes


Foreign students who wish to begin a university degree in any Spanish university, first have to obtain recognition (convalidation) of the secondary school studies that they have done in their country of origin for the Spanish equivalent and also in function of the studies they wish to enter, they must pass the University Access Exams (Proves d'Accès a la Universitat) (PAU).

Where can you have studies done abroad recognised?

The application for recognition should be sent to the Ministry of Education and Science:

Subdirección General de Títulos, Convalidaciones y Homologaciones
Servicio de Convalidación de Títulos y Estudios Extranjeros no Universitarios
Paseo del Prado, 28
28071 Madrid
Tel. (+34) 91 506 56 00

This can also de presented in the High Inspection Offices (Oficines d’Alta Inspecció) of the MEC and in their provincial offices around Spain, in Spanish Consular Offices abroad and in Lleida at:

Subdelegació del Govern de l'Estat
Pl. de la Pau, 10
25007 Lleida
Tel. (+34) 973 72 55 09

Where can you take the University Access Exams?

Those students from Spanish public centres abroad will take the access exams of the National Distance Learning University (UNED), except those from centres that are registered with another university, which will be where they will have to take the exams.%0D


Those students who have done studies that are recognised for the Batxillerat (LOGSE) and COU secondary studies, including those taken in authorised foreign centres within Spain, can opt for the access exams in the UNED or to do them in the public university of their choice if they are of Spanish nationality and justify their residence abroad, or in any public university in their province of residence in Spain. In Catalonia, the information about the contents of the exams, and dates and models of exams, can be consulted on the web of the Department of Universities, Investigation and Information Society (DURSI) of the Generalitat de Catalunya:

For further information:

Universitat de Lleida
Servei de Gestió Acadèmica
Pl. Víctor Siurana, 1
25003 Lleida
Tel. (+34) 973 70 21 25

What are the following steps?

Once the above mentioned steps have been taken, the university pre-enrolment has to be done and then, in third place, the enrolment in the university centre of the selected university where you have obtained a place. Where can you do the pre-enrolment?As the regulations indicate, those people who meet the requirements specified in the current legislation and who wish to enter the first course in a Faculty, Higher Technical School or University School in any of the seven public universities in Catalonia including the attached centres and the University of Vic, must do the pre-enrolment via Internet at:

What is the pass mark and how can you find out?

The pass mark is the mark of the last student who occupies a place in a university centre, when the number of places on offer in this centre is lower than the applications. These can be consulted on the web of the DURSI.

What is the final date for the pre-enrolment?

The limit for the pre-enrolment for June is usually opens in mid May and ends in the first week of July. The dates for September are three days in the last fortnight of the same month.

Where can you do the pre-enrolment for the university?

The information about the pre-enrolment can be found on

Before filling in the application for pre-enrolment in the university, it is necessary to read carefully the instructions published on Internet or the information leaflets. The application consists of eight boxes for the preferences, where you should indicate your order of interest in the studies that you would like to enrol in, bearing in mind that you must fill in all eight preferences. How do you know about the assignment of the places?%0DThe communication about the assignment of the places is usually done in mid July and can be consulted on Internet at or in the Pre-enrolment Office in Barcelona or in the university centres. Where can you ask about any doubts you have about the university pre-enrolment?%0D

Pl. Bonsuccés, 5-6
08001 Barcelona
Tel. (+34) 932 23 03 23/ 932 23 25 91

Servei de Gestió Acadèmica
Edifici del Rectorat
Despatx 0.1
Pl. Víctor Siurana, 1
25003 Lleida
Tel. (+34) 973 70 21 25

Where and when is it possible to enrol in the university centre?

When you know the assignment, you should contact the university to know what documentation is needed and the limits for doing the enrolment. This information can be obtained from the web of the UdL, which has the updated information at the beginning of each course.%0DThe enrolment in person to enter the first course is done in the secretary’s office of the assigned university centre. In past years, those who were assigned first preference places enrolled at the end of July and the students who were assigned second or later preferences were enrolled at the beginning of September.

How much does enrolment cost?

The enrolment is in accordance with the norms set by the Generalitat de Catalunya, that sets the sets the prices for the academic services in public universities calculating the total cost per credit: between 8.79 and 12.77 euros according to the degree of experimentality (prices valid for the 2004/05 course). This price is the same for all the public universities, and has to be multiplied by the total number of credits that are obligatory to enrol in and adding the cost of the school insurance and that of the academic management.

The cost can vary between approximately 578 and 842 euros and 817 and 1,200 euros per academic year. This price does not include the other expenses that you must include, such as accommodation, transport and board, which will vary depending on the option chosen.

How can I find out about help or grants for foreign students?

Foreign students resident in Spain will have access to the public system of grants and help (Constitutional Law 4/2000 of the 22 of December) as long as they show that they meet the economic and academic requirements established in the calls for grants.

More information can be found on the web page: and in the University of Lleida:

Servei de Gestió Acadèmica
Edifici del Rectorat
Despatx 0.01
Pl. Víctor Siurana, 1
25003 Lleida
Tel. (+34) 973 70 31 54

The International Relations Office can also provide information about the existence of any agreements or any other type of help for foreign students.


The documentation that has to be presented for the application for recognition of foreign studies as the corresponding partial Spanish studies is established in the norms for enrolment for each academic year. It is a prior requirement for all foreign students to demonstrate their knowledge of one of the two official languages at the University of Lleida. Once the recognition has been carried out, the student has to apply for a place in accordance with the current legislation. Except where there are treaties or international agreements entered into by Spain, or special dispositions, the application for any acceptance of studies includes the obligation to pay the legally established fee for this.


1. Legislation

- Article 36.1 of the Constitutional Law 6/2001 of 21 December (BOE of 24 December).
- Royal Decree 1267/1994, of 10th June (BOE of 11 June, 1994 that modifies the Royal Decree 69/1987, 0f 27 November (BOE of 14 December).
- Royal Decree 69/2000 of 21 January (BOE of 22 January 2000) that regulates the procedures for selection for entry into university centres.
- Royal Decree 285/2004, of 20 February (BOE of 4 March).

2. Acceptance of foreign studies for the corresponding partial Spanish ones.

University studies done abroad can be accepted for the subjects currently valid in the study plans of the UdL or which have been valid in the last two academic years, as long as the study plans and the class load are equivalent and in accordance with the criteria established by the Council for University Co-ordination.

Documents that must be presented:

- Application from the interested party.
- Official academic certificate with the details of the marks received.
- Study plan or table of subjects published by the corresponding centre.
- Programmes for the subjects passed.
- Certificate of nationality or photocopy of the National Identity Document in the case of those with Spanish nationality.
- Document that states that the interested person has not applied simultaneously for the acceptance of the degree and/ore that the rejection of acceptance has not been for any of the causes in article 5 of the Royal Decree 285/04.
- Accreditation, if necessary, of knowledge of one of the official languages.

Documents issued abroad must be official and issued by the competent authorities and legalised by via diplomatic. This process must be done in each of the following organisms and in the order stated:

1. Ministry of the foreign country to which the issuing authorities depend.
2. Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the foreign country.
3. Diplomatic or consular representation in Spain of the country of origin of the documents.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Spain, Section of Legalisations
(C/ General Pardiñas, 55, 28071 Madrid. Telephone %2B34 913 791 606).

For the legalisation of countries that have signed the Hague Convention, of the 5 of October, the requirements established above will be replaced by the stamp placed on each document by the competent authorities in the state where the documents are issued. Legalisation is not necessary for documents from the countries that make up the European Union except where there are doubts about the authenticity and legitimacy or official character of said documents. The American countries members of the Andrés Bello Agreement do not require legalisation by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs All documents issued by the consular services of a foreign country in Spain must be legalised by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. These documents shall be attached to the official translation into Spanish in the case of documents written in another language.

This translation can be done by:

- The UNESCO, the Oficina de Educació Iberoamericana, or any official organisation recognised by Spain.
- Any Spanish diplomatic or consular representation abroad.
- The diplomatic or consular representation in Spain of the country of which the interested person is a citizen.
- Authorised and registered legal translators. The original documents can be presented together with a photocopy and these shall be returned to the interested persons once they have been passed the process of authentication. If the photocopies are compared and legalised by the Spanish diplomatic or consular representation in the country of origin of the document, it will not be necessary to present the original.

3. Limits for presenting the application for acceptance of Spanish and foreign studies.

The applications for acceptance and recognition of studies must be presented to the secretaries of the corresponding university centres, together with all the documentation specified in each of the above articles. The following periods are established:

1. From the 6 of September to the 2 of October 2004.
These applications shall be processed by the Commission of Convalidations during the month of November.
The enrolment in the accepted subjects will be done in the 2004/2005 academic year.
Once their studies have been accepted, students who wish to extend their enrolment may do so in the secretary’s office of the centre, in the period of 3 days starting from the day after the reception of the resolution of acceptance, only for annual or second term subjects.

2. From the 16 of February to the 4 of March 2005.
These applications shall be processed by the Commission of Convalidations during the month of April.
The enrolment for the accepted subjects shall be in the ordinary enrolment period for the 2005/2006 academic year.
The acceptance of Spanish or foreign studies does not, in any case, mean the concession of a place in the centre, which must be applied for in accordance with the regulations for this application.


1. Admission: The person interested should contact the department responsible for the programme and request admission. This is an essential requisite before enrolling. The admission procedure is done in September.

2. Enrolment: This should be done in the Academic Management Service (Servei de Gestió Acadèmica) (Third Cycle Section) on the ground floor of the central building of the University of Lleida, Plaça Víctor Siurana, 1. The enrolment is in October. Prior admission to the corresponding department is necessary for enrolment.

3. Documentation needed for enrolment:

a) An attested photocopied of the second cycle university degree (Degree or Engineering) legalised through diplomatic channels.
b) Certificate or attested photocopy of the academic record, with the subjects studied and the marks obtained.
c) Photocopy of the passport, which must be valid.
d) Enrolment form signed by the person responsible for the doctorate programme.
e) Enrolment application form signed by the person who will act as tutor.
f) Application form for equivalence of university qualifications.
g) Student card application form.

Forms e and g are included in the University of Lleida enrolment folder.

4. The cost of enrolment (according to the 2004 rates): Between 44.22 and 60.86 euros per taught credit and between 61.62 and 78.44 euros for each research credit, depending on the degree of experiment involved.

Payment of Enrolment Fees:
  • Single payment by bank transfer: fees will be charged to your bank account from the tenth day following registration onwards.
  • Payment in two instalments: the first instalment will be charged to your bank account from the tenth day following registration onwards; the second instalment will be due in February 2008.

5. Timetables and programmes: The organisation of the timetables, the starting dates of the courses as well as the specific programme of the subjects is set by the department.

6. Obtaining the title of doctor: A minimum of 32 credits from the programme must be passed, as well as the research sufficiency exam and the defence of the doctoral thesis.

7. Grants: The University of Lleida has no programme of grants specifically for students from abroad although it admits research students from the Spanish International Co-operation Agency. For this reason, you are advised to contact the Spanish Embassy in your country of origin to receive information about grants available for taking doctorate courses in Spain.

The International Relations Office of the UdL can also provide information.

Their e-mail address is

If, in order to request some kind of economic assistance or grant, a provisional admission is required, the student should contact the department that runs the programme directly, as only the departments responsible for third cycle programmes are authorised to admit students. To request a provisional admission, you should include the curriculum or academic and professional record. Moreover, you must obtain the disposition of a teacher to act as tutor for the student.%0DThe department will analyse whether the student can participate in some of its research lines, and if so, will specify the possible area of work as well as the person who could guide the studies. Then, as long as the department agrees, the student will receive a provisional admission for the request for a grant. This provisional admission should not be confused with the admission application form, which has to be presented before enrolling. When the student has the provisional admission, a copy must be sent to the following address:

Universitat de Lleida
Oficina de Relacions Internacionals
C/ Jaume II, 67
25001 Lleida


   Darrera modificació: