5th Annual Health and Graphic Humor Contest
on AIDS, understood as the physical and social disease and the impact that it has on developing countries, as well as sexual and condom promotion educational programs
The Faculty of Medicine of Lleida University , with the collaboration of the Cultural Association Humoràlia, organizes "Humor i salut", the international competition of graphic humor of sanitary subject.
- Any professional or amateur artist can participate in this competition.
- The topic of this contest will be on AIDS, understood as the physical and social disease and the impact that it has on developing countries, as well as sexual and condom promotion educational programs
- The participants may submit up to three (3) items to the contest, with the provision that these images have not previously recieved awards in other contests
- The works (only drawings) can be any graphic technique in single A-4 (210 mm x 297 mm) format or proportional size, in Catalan, Spanish or English.
- All works must be submitted only via e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org, after being scanned at 300 point resolution in JPG (JPEG) format.
- The submission deadline is March 31, 2011.
- Works must be accompanied by a file which includes first and last name, address, telephone number and a photograph or caricature of the artist.
- A prize of 1000€ will be given to the winning application and a second prize of 500€ will also be awarded.
- The jury panel of may declare that there is no winner. 9. The decision of the jury panel is not subject to appeal.
- The composition of the jury panel will be made public after the winner is announced.
- The decision of the jury panel will be communicated to the winner during the month of April, 2009, by email, and will then be published on the website www.udl.cat.
- The first fifty (50) works selected will be exposed at the University of Lleida Medical School during the second half of May, 2009. furthermore, a catalogmagazine with these works will be published, as well as editions of the posters.
- The electronic version of the works will be available in a virtual gallery on www.udl.cat of after the competition.
- The organizers reserve the right to reproduce and distribute the winning entry without express authorization from the author and without furthercompensation to the artist.
- The fifty (50) entries published in the final catalog must also be presented on paper.
- Participating in the competition constitutes acceptance of the contest rules in their entirety and without reservation. Any questions or conflicts will be resolved by the jury panel.