Title: IberusTalent - International Doctoral Programme for Talent Attraction to the Campus of International Excellence of the Ebro Valley.
Description: The IberusTalent Programme will be based on the scientific and technological capabilities of the four Recruiting Universities (UdL, UPNA, UR & UNIZAR) within Agrofood and Technologies for Health, and the participation of their excellent research groups with investigation lines related to these areas. Additionally, the involvement of international Universities and non-academic participating organisations (companies, research centres and hospitals) with strong expertise on the Programme specific areas will guarantee attractive ecosystem for incoming researchers by offering secondments, short stays, and training at industry.
Objectives: The IberusTalent Doctoral Programme for Talent Attraction to the Campus of International Excellence of the Ebro Valley aims at boosting highly skilled human resources and R&I capacity of the four public universities in the consortium of Campus Iberus. The IberusTalent programme’s first goal is to attract 36 talented researchers at early stages of their careers to develop their PhD projects at any of the Campus Iberus four universities: University of Zaragoza, Public University of Navarre, University of Lleida and University of La Rioja.
The ultimate goal is to enhance the excellence and international dimension of the research community in the Ebro Valley. Thanks to this MSCA Cofund programme a significant number of PhDs students will become scientists and that will happen in the Ebro Valley regions of Campus Iberus, connected by a river, well-known internationally, and now becoming a driving force for science and knowledge in Agrofood and Nutrition and in Health Technologies.
To definitely make an impact on the society, the programme expects to reach the following specific objectives:
- To attract 36 talented researchers to the Ebro Valley regions to become PhDs and future scientists that will shape the progress of the R&I ecosystem.
- To build an interconnected, multicultural and international researchers’ community working on interdisciplinary projects of excellence in Agrofood and Nutrition and Health Technologies.
- To support the career development of the recruited researchers by being trained and exposed to as many collaborators as possible from different sectors and countries.
- To reinforce the international visibility of Campus Iberus as the International Campus of Excellence of the Ebro Valle.
- To challenge and modernise the current institutional structures and services to manage an expanding and long lasting international research community growing at the Universities of Campus Iberus.
- To disseminate science and become active social actors and role models to others to promote a knowledge based society.
Funding Programme: Horizon 2020 – MSCA-COFUND-DP - Doctoral programmes. Grant Agreement no. 801586.
Coordinator: Campus Iberus.
Recruiting organisations: Universidad de Zaragoza, Universidad Pública de Navarra, Universidad de La Rioja i Universitat de Lleida
Duration: 01/09/2018 – 31/08/2023